Monday, August 14, 2017

08/14/17

Hey everybody!!! 

I hope you're doing super great, cause life is great!! 
It's finally getting colder here. And by colder, I mean it only gets up to like 105-110 now!! WHOO. Making progress!! I think I have officially turned into an Arizona man. Because I am not a fan of the cold, and what "cold" is here, isn't cold. It's like 60 degrees and I'm chilly. We were at Zone Conference this past week and they had the air conditioning running, and I WAS FREEZING!!!! Literally freezing. And then we went to go eat lunch (in the gym) and it was EVEN WORSE and I was like oh my gosh I can't do this please turn it off! And then it turned off a few minutes later. And I was happy. 

Another exciting thing is that I am almost done reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish!!! I'll let you know when I'm completely done. I've learned so much it's crazy. But yet I don't know anything I feel like cause there's so many more things I can learn!!! 

So this week I want to testify of how much better life is when you're obedient. Elder Johnson is SUPER obedient! And I love it! We've been doing so well. Well, one day I was like. Whoa. Why am I so happy? Why am I so excited to do missionary work? Why do I repeatedly want to say that I love being a missionary? Why do I want to smile? Why do I have so much enthusiasm to talk to people and share this gospel? Why am I so excited to be awake (cause we don't sleep very much)? And then I realized. ITS CAUSE IM OBEDIENT! I feel so good! Cause I'm living the gospel, and I'm living the mission rules! Why wouldn't I be happy?!? (Now I am not saying that I was completely disobedient before, cause I wasn't, but I also wasn't 100 percent obedient cause that is at difficulty EXPERT. But now I am trying super hard. So don't judge. You guys aren't 100% obedient either so you got no room to talk. We all fail in someway everyday). 

So we went on exchanges and I was in my area. And I was with a new missionary. The fact that I was with a new missionary wasn't hard at all. That was easy. The hard thing was that I DONT KNOW MY AREA AT ALL!!! I was so lost all day πŸ˜‚ I used Google Maps! Yeah I hate google maps without Wifi. I drove so many miles that day πŸ˜‚ I had to hardcore apologize to my companion when he got back that night πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that's ok. We learn to laugh at things like that. But yeah, i eventually found my way around, but it took a few detours. You could say we like to take the scenic route. But also, I don't know a lot of people in the area still!! So it's super rough. I was like... Elder... I don't even know who to visit... oh well. We follow the spirit and the spirit knows. 

Also today we went on a road trip to San Carlos! It's past Globe. I will send all the pictures. We saw a mine, ate at a restaurant called "burger house" that had Mexican food (and burgers), went to the church building in San Carlos and found out that the Elders that serve there, live on the church properties in a little trailer. Who knew!!! It's actually pretty nice and cool looking. San Carlos is like 2 hours away from Mesa. So we had a lot of fun! 

Bueno, asΓ­ fue mi semana. Espero que hayan tenido una buena semana, y que la semana que viene estΓ© llena de felicidad. ¡Les quiero!
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment