Monday, July 10, 2017

07/10/17 - BAPTISM

WHAT UP FAM AND FRINS

This week was GREAT!
I've got a few stories for you!
First:
Well, we had an exchange. I think I already told you about them. While
we were on exchanges (I wasn't in my area for the exchange) my actual
companion and the elder he was with found like 3 new investigators.
Well, one of them is named LUPE and well when we finished exchanges
the next day, we had a lesson planned with him. The lesson fell
through, but the funny thing is that the next morning we went on a run
and when we were coming back we saw all of the people mowing the lawn
and all that fun stuff. Well, one of the guys mowing the lawn was LUPE
and we were like whaaaaat what's up LUPPEEEEE! Hahaha it was funny.
Just didn't expect to see him mowing our complexes lawn.
Second:
Yesterday we went to go visit an investigador. It was last night after
dinner. Well, as we walked up to the door, we noticed that there was a
full blown mariachi band inside playing for the family 😂😂 we didn't
dare knock. We were like we can't interrupt that that's super rude. So
we took a video instead! I'll send it to you 😊
Third:
We had a baptism!!!! Her name is Lucia Ledesma. I am so happy for her
🤗🤗 she had been going to church for 30 years before being baptized.
How insane right!!!! She's so sweet and always makes jokes with us 😂
I've learned a few Hispanic jokes from her 😂
I had the opportunity to baptize her and then a young member who
always helps her get to church and has helped her a lot was the one
who confirmed her. This is just super exciting guys are you you happy
cause I'm happy!! Also, there's these other investigators that we have
that literally are just dry Mormons (meaning: people who act like
Mormons but haven't been baptized.) they've changed their beliefs
completely, they go to church every week, they teach their kids the
gospel, and all that. And she told us!!! (Because she has a boyfriend)
that she wants to get married and baptized on the same day! (We call
that a waptism) and I was like HECK YEAH THAT WOULD BE LEGIT! I want
to be a part of a waptism. Haha. Yeahhhh. That was just a little side
note....
anyways...
Fourth:
So yesterday, when we got home from church we did our studies. (We got
lazy in the morning so didn't get to studies. Super bad I know. Don't
judge. 😂) so, we did our personal study and after that we were going
to do our companionship study. Well sometimes we do our companionship
study in our room and we just sit on our beds. So, we decided to do
that this time! Well before starting I just laid down for a bit cause
I was like super exhausted. Well.... we both fell asleep!!! We felt
asleep for a little bit and woke up at 5:06 and we were like oh my
gosh we have a dinner appointment like 5 minutes ago!!! So we just
hurried out and went to dinner. Well, while we were driving there
Elder Gull saw that he had marks on the side of his face from his
pillow and whatnot. And he was like, oh my gosh I don't even know what
to do! I can't go to dinner like this that's so embarrassing! AND
they're totally going to know that we were sleeping! We can't let the
sister missionaries know that! (We almost always eat dinner with the
sister missionary because we cover the same ward.) So while we were
driving I was just laughing and he was trying to get the marks to go
away. When we went to dinner he still had the marks. We walk in and he
immediately was like, "voy a ir al baño". So he went to the bathroom
to try to do something 😂😂 he was like, "I'm just going to walk in
looking at them sideways" 😂😂 well we showed up like 20 minutes late,
but it was okay because they hadn't even started eating by the time we
showed up and nobody asked questions and we got away free.
Lesson: be obedient kids!!
Also a side story: we were helping out the bishops wife with some
service and she offered to make us breakfast. She asked us if we were
allergic to wheat. We all said no, except my companion! He didn't hear
the question so he just went along with what was happening and so for
awhile the bishops wife thought he was allergic to wheat 😂😂 he
somehow got out of that situation. I was on exchanges
when he cleared up that problem 😂 but yeah just a funny little side story.






Well, that's all I got this week! I hope you enjoy! Love you all and
have a fantastic week.






 












No comments:

Post a Comment