Monday, November 6, 2017

11-06-2017- A new companion- Elder Matamoros

Hola 

What’s good 

So this week was suuuuuper tiring!!! But super awesome. My companion and I get along so well! I think the first week was just a little rough because he’s new and has only had one other companion and the first week is always just super awkward. Can’t ever change that! But after the first week he opened up and I realized that he is HILARIOUS and such a good missionary!! 

I’ve literally laughed my head off so many times this week cause he just says the funniest things or does the funniest stuff! 

Like for example, we were riding our bikes and we were pulling up to an intersection on Stapley and Broadway. Well on the corner of Stapley and broadway there’s a QT gas station (they’re everywhere here. I didn’t know they existed until I came out here). And when I was pulling up to the intersection my companion starts singing, “there’s a cutie on Broadwaaayyy” and I turn around and I’m like, “what in the world are you singing??” And he was like, “what? There’s a QT... on Broadway!” And I literally laughed so hard ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ i thought he was singing a song he had heard back home. And I was about to tell him that that wasn’t the most appropriate thing. But nope! He just made it up while on the street when he saw a QT gas station! 

Also, we literally get honked at like crazy. Every five seconds. Jk I don’t know how often, but it’s pretty often! And one time this car honked at us and the horn sounded really weird, and then my companion imitated it and started to make a beat out of it and you really just had to be there it was hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚ i almost fell off of my bike it was so funny

Oh and more information about people honking... yes. There are plenty of Mormons. They honk at us and it scares me more often than not ๐Ÿ˜‚ and we actually had a little grandma flip us off ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it was HILARIOUS!!! I mean shame on you grandma for doing that, but I personally thought it was funny. We’ve people yell at us from the other side of the street too. Just fun things happen on bike!
Like for example, on Saturday we were on exchanges. And we literally talked to almost everyone we saw!! And we came up to a Hispanic (and I was with a companion who didn’t speak Spanish) and I started talking to him (cause my companion couldn’t) and then this white guy walks up, speaks perfect Spanish, and starts telling the guy stuff to make him not want to listen to us, and then he turns to us and speaks in English and just cchhhheeewwwwsss us out!!! And I got mad on the inside cause um rude. But on the outside I was as happy as can be and we just testified, told him to have a good day, and left! And then we came across him on the street again and just happily and nicely told him to have a good day! That’s the way she should act to people who do that. Don’t get mad! Just shove a bunch of love and kindness in their face. It’s so much better than getting angry anyways. Nobody likes being mad. 

But on that exchange we handed out 7 Books of Mormon, found like 3 new investigators and 4 potential investigators and we talked with like 25 people on the street I wanna say. It was a good exchange! 

Well... that was my week! I hope you enjoy this email like I enjoyed writing it ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
Les quiero a todos. 

ร‰lder Hepworth 
 
Elder Hepworth and Elder Matamoros
 

No comments:

Post a Comment