Monday, October 30, 2017

10/30/2017- Elder Hepworth has a son- He's a trainer, district leader, and is on a bike

Hey everyone!!!
How are you? Good? Good.

So as you heard from last week... I’m a trainer and district leader. Truly honored, and truly stressed. Nah jk. I’m not that stressed, but life isn’t a breeze like it used to be! 
So this week was a whole lot of running around!! Before I picked up my child on Tuesday, I spent literally the whole day going back and forth from the apartment I was moving out of, into the members home that I was moving into. And then I also had to go buy a bike! I got a pretty good deal I’d say. We have a “bike shop” that is part of the mission and I called Elder Brown who is in charge of that and he set me uuuuuuuuup. Blessings. 
And then when I went to pick up Elder Matamoros (hijo) from the mission office, we got back to the house all good. But I most definitely did NOT buy him a bike cause that’s dumb. So he just used a members bike that night and it was a piece of junk πŸ˜‚ but it worked for a night! And then the next day we went to a meeting for new missionaries and trainers and after we went to buy him a bike and go shopping. Well, he bought a cheaper bike because who likes to spend money?? Nobody. So he bought one and well yeah THAT DIDNT WORK OUT! So on Friday I was like alright Elder we have to get you a new bike (cause the one he had the chain kept falling off). And so we went to Walmart to get him a better bike on Friday! Was that bad? Should we have waited until Monday? Idk. It was a necessity. So now the bike he has is great! But it was HILARIOUS that Friday night. We were heading home and we were crossing the street (not in a crosswalk, shame on us) and my companions bike has a water bottle holder and when he started crossing the street and the water bottle started falling out and so he went to grab it and his wheel turned and he straight ATE IT! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ right in the middle of the street πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and i turn around (surprisingly all calm) and all I thought was, GET OUT OF THE ROAD THERES CARS COMING!! But luckily there weren’t any cars and we all got home safely. But now that I think about it... THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!

This week has been a struggle cause we have to ask people for rides. And there aren’t enough Elders with cars that could take us places, so we have to ask members to help us out. Hermano GaytΓ‘n is a lifesaver. He has helped us literally every time because nobody else will πŸ˜‚ but hey we’re doing good and time is still moving forward. I honestly feel like this week went by really slow. It was a loooooong week. 

Last night we had dinner that was 2 miles away from where we were at. That’s far!! Doesn’t seem far when you’re in a car but on bike it’s like what the heck πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But hey we do feel kind of famous! Cause we always get honked at and people wave at us and I’m like yeah, yeah I know πŸ’πŸ½‍♂️But there was also this group of guys (I believe. I didn’t really pay much attention) that was screaming at us from across the street as we were passing by. They said something about Mormons (obviously in a bad way) and I was like, yup that’s me!!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I have a lot more responsibilities now! And I hate responsibility. Nah jk. There’s just a lot more I have to do and it’s just a little bit of a change. It’s good though! I feel pretty accomplished. 

My companion, Elder Matamoros, is awesome! He already speaks Spanish (hence the name) so that’s already done and covered! And he’s super good. I look back to when I was being trained and I WAS THE WORST! So I’m glad I don’t have to deal with somebody like me. He’s super positive and definitely has a lot more energy than I do! 14 months take a lot of energy out of you. 

Well that was my week! I’ll come to you guys next week with some more stressful, hilarious, or scary stories! 
Les quiero a todos πŸ˜Š 

Γ‰lder Hepworth 
 
Elder Hepworth's son, Elder Matamoros

Only 8 months left and on a bike now.  Isn't it pretty?!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment