Monday, October 9, 2017

10/9/17

Alright everyone. It’s been a fantastic week! Right? Right.

Weather update: death. No just kidding it’s only hot now. We’re past the death part. 
I literally thought it was hot in Idaho. That’s nothing!!! I can’t complain to my dad anymore if I work with him 😩 nah hahaha but really I can’t complain about heat ever again. 
But for real, the weather is cooling down and it’s not so hot. It’s like 85 ish now. Burrr!!!! 😂

This week was pretty normal! We did some teaching, some driving, some walking, and some more teaching! 
On Saturday we helped out with the “Mesa Sprint Triathlon”. It was so fun! We basically just directed the people in the direction they needed to go for four hours. But it was fun to cheer them on! They also did this little kid fun run thing and we helped direct them where to go too. The first thing they did was swim, and after they swam they had to run. Well, I was outside waiting for them to be done swimming because I was supposed to tell what direction to go after they put their shoes on (it was weird cause they were soaking wet and they just put shoes on and shorts over the swimsuit and just ran!). Well there was this little girl who was like one of the first ones to be done swimming and they comes out super mad (with her mom) trying to get her shoes and clothes on and stuff. And her mom was trying to help her and this little girl was TICKED! She was like “MOM ITS FAIR” And she was struggling to get her socks and shoes on and the mom was trying to help and the little girl was like “mom I’m going to kill you!!!” And the mom was British and she says, “it’s not my fault!” And then she finally gets her stuff on and she just sprints away. 
I honestly thought it was suuuper funny and I just had to tell you guys. I guess the little kids fun run is super intense!! 
But after that we went over to the finish line and cheered people on while they ran through it and with some of them we ran with them to the finish line to help them and it was honestly just super fun. But, we also did have to clean up. So we picked up trash and stuff. Still fun though! You can make everything fun! 

Fast Sunday was this Sunday, duh like you all know. And I’ve realized that when I’m fasting, after so many hours, I just stop feeling hungry and I just feel empty 😂 it’s like I can keep fasting and my stomach doesn’t hurt I actually feel pretty good, but I’m empty. That’s just how it feels! It’s kind of hard to explain. But I just thought of that and thought it was funny. 
But other than feeling empty, fasting is great! It’s always important to fast with a purpose. Otherwise you’re literally just starving yourself. Don’t just not eat because it’s fast Sunday! Do it for something! Fast for gratitud, to receive an answer, etc. Whatever you feel. And I know that if you do so, you’ll be blessed with what you need! Have faith in the Lord! 

Well, that’s all the stories I got for the week! I hope you guys had a great week, and I hope this next one brings lots of great stuff. Love you all!
 
I was pretending I worked in the district office
 

No comments:

Post a Comment