Monday, October 16, 2017

10/16/17

Hey everyone!!! 

this week went by so fast!! .... oh wait I just realized it was because P Day was on Tuesday last weekπŸ˜‚ well... yeah went by super fast!!! Hahahahaha

We had a district meeting on Wednesday (district meetings happen every week for those of you who don’t know) and it was like a slap on the face πŸ˜‚ we talked about stuff about improving our ward council meetings and well.. the ward! And one of our assistants to the president was there and he threw out so many good ideas!!! We all felt like idiots for not thinking about it πŸ˜‚ but it helped a lot! So we’re working more closely with members and just taking things slowly and being smarter with things and we’re working more smartly with the ward council. It’s going to get somewhere!! 
Oh yeah and we also went to Barro’s pizza for lunch after that. If you don’t know what that is, yeah don’t worry cause I didn’t either before the mission. But it’s a super good pizza place and it’s amazing and I just had to tell you. Anyways...


One of the things our mission president told us was to always be working on a Christlike attribute. So, I decided to work on diligence! Let me tell you guys. Diligence is hard! Laziness is so easy to give in to πŸ˜‚ but as a missionary that’s not okay!!! And honestly if you get lazy, you definitely feel bad because the time is precious and time is short on a mission. But you always get so tired and so mentally exhausted and wow ya it’s hard guys. BUT! I’ve been studying it as well. And diligence always brings feelings of satisfaction and happiness. And I’ve noticed that that is so true! I know I always feel so accomplished if I know that I did all that I could and was diligent. There are so many nights when nothing happens and we get rejected so much and all that fun mission stuff, but if I do all I can and keep trying, I always feel SO GOOD! I don’t judge my happiness on how many lessons we had and all that. I mean yeah! That stuff makes me super happy when all is going well! But if it’s not, there’s no need to get discouraged!! Just keep working! And if you did all you can, that’s when you know that God is satisfied with your works and just keep plugging along!!! (Help the missionaries  people). 

Oh also! A super funny story!! Yesterday we were in ward council and we were talking about the Halloween party and all that fun stuff. And they told us that we can wear costumes but no masks! And one brother said “masks no but brooms are ok” (mind you this was all in Spanish) and then the same guy said “like we say in Mexico ‘brujeres jΓ³venes’” (so the joke is funny because Bruja means witch and so they play a joke on words and called them young witches). And also we were talking about how the Mesa Temple is going to be closing down in May, and how we are going to have to go to the Gilbert temple. And we were talking about the Spanish sessions and they asked if they were going to change the times so that we had more Spanish sessions, since a lot more people will be going to that temple. And they were like “no, no we don’t think so.” And the same member who made the joke about the young witches looks over and says “THATS DISCRIMINATION! THATS RACISM!” (He just said it jokingly). I literally laughed so hard πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Well, that’s all I got for this week!! Love you all and hope you find my stories funny πŸ˜Š
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment