Monday, February 12, 2018

2/12/2018

Hey everyone! I’m here! P Day was just switched up cause we had the opportunity to go to the temple. I love going to the temple. Go to it often everybody. It’s a wonderful place!!

Today we decided to do sealings. It was such a wonderful experience. The spirit was very strong there. 

This week went by pretty fast!! And I would definitely say the highlight of my week was when Elder Cook and his wife and Elder Uceda came to our mission. They came to talk to us in a 2 hour conference. It was super enlightening and they didn’t chew us out! We must be a good mission πŸ˜‰ they talked to us about how when we invite people to do things, we need to EXHORT them. We need to invite with our hearts and not with our mouths. Just like it’s done in the Book of Mormon! And Elder Cook talked to us about how we need to have an urgency while doing this work. We need to work hard! 
You know... there are plenty of trials in the mission. Like for me there was the language (HARD STUFF). You got rejection, people who scream at you (and you have to be nice to them), it’s sometimes hard to find people who want to progress and be baptized, etc. But I think the biggest one for me is tiredness. Work hard and never sleep. That’s the life as a missionary! If any of you are going to serve a mission, yes. Yes you will always be tired. But it is such a rewarding feeling. 
Oh yeah, and I also got to shake their hands!! And he stared into my soul too. Intimidating? Nah. 

The people in the Valencia ward are beasts. They’re so helpful! And we appreciate it so much as missionaries. People, help the missionaries out. Members are missionaries too! We need people helping us fellowship our investigators and all that. And!! You’ll be blessed for your efforts πŸ˜ 

So I recently realized that this transfer ends in 2 weeks and then after that I will only have 4 left in the mission. But hey, who’s counting? πŸ€— Time goes by so fast and it’s crazy!! I’m not ready for real life. I hear about “college” and it scares me πŸ˜‚ nah jk. You’ve got to face reality, but I’ve still got a lot of time here and that’s comforting. 

I hope you guys are just loving life as you should be!! Be happy. Like really. Isn’t being sad or mad like exhausting? Ugh.

Love you all!! You’re the best... to whoever reads my emails. How many of you just skip over the email and see the pictures??? (..... pfft... I don’t do that)

Γ‰lder Hepworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment