Monday, February 26, 2018

2/26/2018

Helllooooo! How’s everyone doing?! I’m doing pretty great myself. Life is going good, the work is going good here and I have no reason to complain!
Oh wait, I might.... it’s cold here now!!! I don’t know what it is but winter came late and now it’s just super cold and I’m like dying. Like I didn’t think I liked the heat that much, but the cold is worse now I think. Arizona changes you man, it changes you good. Now my aunt can’t laugh at the fact that i wear a jacket. 
And apparently there is going to be a cold front coming in from Idaho? Come on Idaho. 
I know that when I get back I’m literally going to be dying in the winter ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 
But 120 here isn’t very enjoyable either. So I just hate everything I guess. No jk ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

This week went by super quick, and we just did work work work! We have good stuff going on here in the area. People are coming to church and progressing. So hopefully that leads to baptism. Every pray!!

On Saturday we helped out on the Phoenix Marathon. We had the morning shift, so we literally had to get up at 3:45 in the morning. Yes, I took a nap after that service. I felt like it was warranted. But it was actually super fun (And yes it was cold, I was dying and my feet and hands hurt)! we prepared everything before they started the race, and then once they started we just held out little cups of water and Gatorade for them to drink when they passed by. And we cheered them on of course. So I had some cheers in me! No I didn’t actually i forgot all of them. But I screamed a lot and then my throat hurt afterwards and I was hoping to lose my voice cause that has never happened to me and I kind of wanted to experience it. But I didn’t. It was just a little raspy. 

Today for P-day we took a little road trip. It was awesome! I will definitely include pictures. We saw so many cool things that they have over in those little towns in Globe, Miami, this place called tortilla flat, etc. Some of it kind of reminded me of home and going to these like “historic” places and it actually just being super ghetto but super fun. 

Some things I’ve been working on lately, just so you all know, are charity/love and humility. Humility is hard sometimes. Oh and if you’re humble, don’t say you’re humble. Or else you’re not humble. 
But charity and love is hard! Because as missionaries we deal with every type of person, and to have a Christ like love for all of those people isn’t the easiest thing. Sometimes people say things, do things, or whatever it may be that just gets on your nerves. Or maybe it’s the stuff that they don’t do that gets on your nerves. But you know what? They’re all children of God! And you know what He and Jesus Christ would do? Love them. So let’s all love people! Despite their differences! Cause our purpose is to be like Christ and grow and learn and follow the commandments and all that stuff. Shouldn’t we all be trying to do that? We all essentially have the same purpose, even though some people might not know it!
Christ was the perfect example of charity. Because, charity is the pure love of CHRIST. 

Have a fantastic week everyone. Life is good. 

ร‰lder Hepworth 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment