Monday, February 5, 2018

2/05/2018

Hey everyone!! 

It was a pretty good week!! Some weeks are better than others, definitely. 

I don’t remember if I told you guys last week, but I hiked Flatiron again last Monday! For the fourth time. And you guys are probably thinking like yeah whoopity doo but it’s actually a big thing. Cause it’s intense and it’s a good butt workout if any of you wanna try it some day if you’re down here in Arizona haha. 

We had exchanges once again this week, just like we do every transfer. I was with the district leader so he was evaluating my skills. We had a super good lesson with a guy from Venezuela. He is super energetic and seems to be pretty comfortable with us. The exchange was good! Elder Johnson (district leader) is on crutches because he has something all messed up in his knee and so it was super hard to walk and get up stairs. He did it! But i felt bad because we had to go up a few staircases. He got a super good workout though.. I guess haha. 

So I heard the super bowl was last night! You wanna know how far I am out of the loop? I didn’t even know that the super bowl was going on, until they were already playing. The guy that we live with had it on and my companion told me and I was like... what that’s today?! ..... cool. Well let’s go to work cause we can’t watch it! Hahahaha 

The Valencia ward is so awesome. The members are so willing to help us out and they even most times look forward to going and visiting families with us. It’s super easy to get them to come out with us to lessons. It’s a very missionary minded ward and I love it.

 We also have been finding people that are progressing and there’s some good stuff going on. Investigators are showing up to parties and ward activities and dinner with members. Now we just need them to go to church!!! That’s always the hardest thing. That investigators get to church. It’s super easy for us to find new investigators and teach them everything, but when it comes to going to church... well, they just don’t. And we do everything we can. But, there’s no reason to complain. Just got to keep working hard! 

Élder Ghormley and I get along super well. I don’t know if it’s just cause I keep being put with people that I get along with, or if I’m just super patient. Cause I rarely get angry. I’m not the most patient person in the world though, so maybe the lord is just blessing me with wonderful companions. Elder Ghormley is super funny and we literally laugh all the time. He’s super patient with his Spanish. Since he’s new, it’s frustrating!! I was in his shoes. But if he messes up he laughs about it and he’s always grateful for the advice I give him and when I translate things for him (I think). 

Everything is dandy here in Arizona! Even the weather! We really didn’t have a winter this year. It was just another spring. It didn’t get cold at all and now it’ll get into the 70’s-80’s during the day. 

Love you all and I hope you’re just as happy as can be! 

Élder Hepworth 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment