Monday, February 19, 2018

2/19/2018

¡Hola a todos! 

This week was goooood. I’m suuuuper exhausted. That’s a good sign right? 

We have a lot of investigators to teach and a lot of them seem to be pretty serious about this. It’s just that it’s a slow process. It’ll take a while, like it always does. But it’s awesome! People are keeping commitments, keeping appointments, etc. It’s great! I feel like the challenge is getting to church for them. I mean, like I get it. I remember when I was younger I would fake being sick so I wouldn’t have to go to church. I even remember walking around the house so quietly so as to not wake them up so we wouldn’t have to go to church. I was terrible!!! (whoops sorry Mom and Dad .... 😬). So I understand why some people might not be like super pumped to go, but now I realize that it’s the best thing ever. And they need to go (Duh)! 

One thing that we’re told to do is to act devastated when people don’t keep their commitments. Why do we do that? Because we love them! We want to see them progress and find happiness and find that this church is super legit, and when they don’t keep commitments it’s like ...💔 

Elder Ghormley and I are working super hard. Trying to be as obedient as can be. Obedience is key. Super key. 
Obey your parents children. Obey the lords commandments children. 

We are teaching this one investigator that is so awesome! He is from Venezuela and he is teaching us some Spanish while we’re teaching him a little bit of English WHILE we teach him about the gospel. He is awesome. He will straight up tell us if we sound white 😂 or if we say something wrong. He is one of the investigators that seems really serious. We taught him part of the restoration in the first lesson cause that’s just how that lesson worked out, and we asked him if he would read the rest of the pamphlet. He read the whole thing. We asked him to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon, he read it. He remembers like all of it too. Sometimes when we teach people don’t remember much or like anything of what they read. And so it’s always good to go back with them and read along and help them understand. Understanding is better than just rushing through the lessons. But so we were just going through the rest of the restoration because we wanted to talk to him more about Joseph Smith. And he was just like “yeah it talks about that in the pamphlet. Yeah that’s when the priesthood was restored.” And stuff like that. And it just made me so happy hahaha 😂 and he told us “you know I haven’t had the chance to pray to ask God if this book is true, but I know that’s what I need to do because he’s the one that knows. He will answer my prayers.” And I was like... yes. Amen, Wilmer. 
Some of you are probably thinking like... wow, good for him. He read the Book of Mormon and you’re doing your job as a missionary. It’s a lot more exciting than that! If you realized how important the Book of Mormon is, and how many people take it for granted, you would be jumping for joy! My work here is to bring people to Christ, and many think that they’re fine and they don’t need any of what we’re teaching them. So when you come across that person that takes you seriously, reads, prays, it’s a win. 

This week we were really busy it seems like. And I was really just so tired yesterday! It’s a good feeling cause you know you’re doing something right, but at the same time is stinks because you’re like wow all I want right now is a gooooood nap 😂😂 

Well, that was my week! Love you all. Keep working hard. Keep being tired cause that’s what life is. Tired. Life is tired. 
 


Élder Hepworth 

No comments:

Post a Comment