Monday, April 23, 2018

4-23-2018

Hey everyone!!

This week was great! It went by sooooo fast I almost don’t remember
what I did. But I know I enjoyed the work!

So now it’s been 2 weeks with Elder Gomez and he is awesome!! We get
along super well. I feel like I get along better with my Hispanic
companions that the Caucasian ones 😂
He is super good at teaching and I can see that he works by the
spirit. It also helps that he already speaks Spanish 😂

One cool this that happened this week was that on Saturday we were on
exchanges. I was with Elder Sorensen (our district leader) and Elder
Sorensen had served in my area before I got into it. So he knows
everyone and a lot of the former investigators and all that stuff. So,
we had a lesson with a guy named Raul. Elder Sorensen had found him
and had tried to reach him and Raul just wasn’t having it. Well, when
I was with Elder Ghormley (my last companion) we had found Raul again.
And we started teaching him. When Elder Gomez became my companion we
had a first lesson with him and he seemed to like it. With Elder
Sorensen on Saturday we had another lesson with Raul and  it was such
a good lesson! He was so interested and he had kept his commitments
from the last lesson and he said the closing prayer after the lesson.
Oh and in the first lesson he taught him,  the gospel library app was
mentioned and I was just like alright yeah he’s not going to download
it. So I just focused on the Book of Mormon and all the other stuff
necessary. Well, the guy downloaded the app!! Hahahaha after the
lesson we had on Saturday he mentioned some videos on some app and I
was like ???? And then I realized that he was talking about the gospel
library app! I was like wow. I’m so happy 😂

Yesterday in church was just super fun because I was laughing the
whole time. I’ll just tell you about one experience. So, we were in
gospel principles class and there was this guy there that had stopped
going to church for awhile and one member was helping him come back.
Well, I sat next to him. And I was trying to help him find what lesson
we were on in the gospel library app. And I was telling him where to
go and I had to repeat myself a couple of times cause he looked
confused and then he turns to me and says “no hablo español”(i don’t
speak Spanish) and he said that to me.... in Spanish!! And so I just
told him what lesson number it was in English. And then later on in
the class he starts commenting in perfect Spanish. And he sounds like
he doesn’t speak English. And one time after he commented he turns to
me and says “¿estuvo bueno mi español?” (Was my Spanish good?) and
again.. he said it in Spanish! And I was just soooo confused during
the whole lesson I was like what is the guy doing he’s messing with me
😂 he told me all of this with a straight face. He didn’t seem like he
was joking. HAHAHA it’s funny just thinking about it

Well that was my week! Hope you enjoy the stories. Love you all!! Be
happy and try to have energy cause I sure don’t got that
Élder Hepworth

No comments:

Post a Comment