Monday, April 9, 2018

4-9-2018

What’s gooooooood everyone!!!

This week was eventful. And rough. But at the same time awesome!

So starting last Monday I got sick for the second time in a month. And
it was the flu. So that was fun. I’ve been sick since, but I feel a
lot better now! So no worries. Still got that smile on my face 😁

And then on Saturday there was a baptism of a little kid named Julian.
The sister missionaries in the ward with us had this baptism. And my
companion and I had the opportunity to baptize and confirm the kid.
His name is Julian. And my companion baptized and yesterday I had the
AWESOME opportunity to confirm him! I was just excited cause it was my
first time doing that hahahaha. I was a little nervous but it was
amazing how it all worked out.

Oh and I don’t even know if some of you guys know how the Spanish
missionary wards work here? I don’t know if I’ve explained it?
Well, in every Spanish ward there is a set of sister missionaries and
elders. Sometimes there’s six missionaries (2 sets of sisters and 1 of
elders). So our areas cover an entire stake and is usually split into
halves or thirds.
I really like it! It’s super fun. And dinners are really fun. And of
course, the members love feeding us. Especially me now because they
think I’m literally dying with all of the weight I’ve lost hahahaha.
They tell me “te vas a desaparecer”😂

Even though I was really sick, we still did work! That’s the hard
thing about missionary life. Even when you want to rest, you still
kind of can’t. I mean, I at least don’t like it because I get very
restless and I want to work because it’s the Lords time and just
sitting in my room all day (which the mission nurse made me do) is
torture.

But overall I’m totally fine! I mean, getting sick happens. Just maybe
not twice in a month. Life is rough! But awesome. Still have to keep
that positive outlook. Be happy everyone!!

I love you all. My time left on the mission is short so I’m just going
to keep working hard and killing it.

Oh one last thing!!! I almost forgot. This week is transfers and guess
what?!? The mission president called me and I’m going to be training
again!!! He called me and was like, “Elder Hepworth, I thought you’d
be on your death bed from what I heard from Sister Parker (mission
nurse).” And then he asked me if I wanted to train and I was like yes
I’m totally down for that. This sickness won’t last forever. And my
trainee is from Guatemala! Well, he’s been living in Florida for 5
years but still. And the reason I know who I’m going to be with
already is because there is only one Spanish Elder coming in.

It’s going to be great!!

Élder Hepworth








No comments:

Post a Comment