Monday, June 26, 2017

06/26/17 - 123 DEGREES

Another week in this Arizona heat 🔥

Like 120 degrees every day. Lovely! To explain what it feels like...
well, it's like a blow dryer. The wind is a blow dryer. And when you
open the door it feels like you're opening an oven. You cannot not
sweat. My back just drips with sweat everyday. I remember one night
(at like 8:45, should've been cooled down a bit now huh. No. Still
like 105 or more) we were talking to a member and while sitting there,
my arms and face and back and everything was just all moist. Like my
arms were sweating while just sitting there. And then when I got home
my arms were all sticky 😂 it's great hahaha. You get used to it. If
you just accept the fact that you are going to sweat, it's not so bad!

This week I honestly don't remember. We found 5 investigators though!

So today we are at a pizza place here in Mesa. There is a pizza
challenge here that you can do. There's 16 pieces (huge pieces) that
you have to eat in an hour. Well, the record is 13 minutes and my
trainer (Elder Familia) is trying to hard to beat the record! 😂 he's
basically inhaling the pizza 😂

My companion and I have a goal of this week (and I imagine more weeks)
of being 100% obedient. That's super hard to do. BUT we know the
blessings from it. So we are gonna do it! Follow up on us in a week 😉

I have a super cool story of an investigator we have! So we went over
to his house and he told us that he had gotten out in jail and had
just got out like a day earlier or something like that. Well, while he
was in jail he prayed to God for a message or something. Maybe he
wanted a sign. Well, guess what! The next day, we showed up!!! And he
told us that. He was like, "I prayed and then the next day you guys
showed up." And I was like, mano, YOUR PRAYER WAS ANSWERED GO YOU WE
ARE HERE FOR YOU BUUUUUUUUD

well that's all I got for ya this week. Love y'all 😜





No comments:

Post a Comment